So, one of the characters I wish to write about in a future book would be Lena. Tilor’s girlfriend that he can not wed because he is an Atlantean noble and she a commoner. Sounds familiar, right? Well, in a way it is, but she gets her own adventure. Here is part of the outline I was thinking for her story.
– Opens as Lena is with Tilor at the Atlantis Airport saying goodbye to Tilor as he gets ready to go back to duty in Sundaland (start of Wall of Destruction – WoD).
– See her life in Atlantis, 3 days later, as she learns of the strikes on Rama. How the folks of Atlantis are excited and think the war will be over soon. The city is euphoric and Lena believes Tilor will be back soon. She is worried because she has not heard from him yet.
– Day 4, going to work Lena hears of the counter strikes of Rama using their WMDs. How they destroy Sundaland’s colony and base and Lena is worried about Tilor. She has not heard from him for the last two days and is fearful that something happened to him.
– Day 5, Tilor walks into Lena’s bar to surprise her. He tells her of what is going on and how the destruction of Sundaland’s colony was. He spends the day with her.
– Day 6, Tilor leaves to visit Risor. He has completed his trial and is returning home and wants to say good bye.. Rama attempts a strike on Atlantis and Lena sees the same attack that Risor and Tilor do in WoD..Afterwards, Lena and Tilor meet up and Tilor talks about her getting out of Atlantis. She agrees as the strike early that day unsettled her, even if not successful.
– Day 9, Tilor gets them passage on a boat bound for Africa. They plan to travel half way to Luxa (Egypt) and for her to stay in a small town along the coast. They will look for a house that she can stay in until the war calms down. Tilor doesn’t want her near any large city as they would be targets.
– Day 12, They near the town that Tilor found and then shop for a house to rent. They find a home owned by a widow and her children. The family makes baskets and Lena can help them to make baskets. Tilor pays for 6 months up front and gives Lena more money. They say their good byes as Tilor wishes to also go home to visit his parents in the Caribbean.
– Two weeks later, Lena is happy with Kala and her 2 children. She dreams of finally marrying Tilor and having children even though she knows that would be difficult. Tilor was a noble and Lena was just a common citizen. Plus Tilor was fearful of what his father would say. Then the peaceful calm she was enjoying was shattered as an alert of a tsunami coming towards the town causes all to run further inland to the hills. Luckily only the docks were destroyed as the town was up a slight rise and the tsunami was more a very high tide at this point. They count themselves lucky but then find out that Atlantis was devastated.
– One week later. The town had plenty of food and Lena was safe with Kala but she was very worried about Tilor and of course Atlantis itself. The city was said to be abandoned and most of the garrison of their town was sent to fight Rama. There were rumors that the Greeks were striking during this time of disaster. Rumors said they were striking along the African coast and other Atlantean colonies along the Med.
– 3 days later. Lena, Kala and the kids are woken to the sound of alarm and cries of war and pain. Lena goes out the door and sees that the town is under attack by the Greeks. With most of the garrison gone, the fight is short and desperate for the defenders as they try to buy the civilians time to escape into the surrounding hills and savannah.
– They are captured almost to the hills. the Greeks take them on their boat and take them back to their city across the Med in Sicily. There Lena, Kala and the kids are used as slaves. They are luckily not raped as Lena learns the Greeks are asking for a ransom for the hostages they have taken. Lean and Kala confide with the other slaves that were there before them that Atlantis will probably not pay for them as she has her own problems with the city being destroyed.
– One month goes by and Lena was being treated okay. The Greeks were honorable and while still slaves, let them live in their own huts without bonds. Those that try to escape are cruelly tortured then killed but if the slaves are good and do their work, they are left to their own devices. Since most of the slaves are women and children the Greeks are not worried about a revolt. While the Greeks did not force themselves on the women, they let it be known that a favor for a favor goes a long way. Many of the women did decide to ease their existence. Lena couldn’t blame them.
– That night Lena is awoken to explosions as Atlantean vailixi strike the Greek town. Afterwards Atlantean armored troops enter the village and fight the Greeks. Lena watches as the Greek Hero, one imbued with the power of the Gods, kills many of the armored Atlantean troops only to be eventually cut down due to aether spear blasts. The Atlanteans rescue all the slaves and take them back to New Atlantis.
Think it could be a movie or integrated into the When Atlantis Fell movies?